The average person knows 600 people
2–4% of people who get COVID-19 will die
That means 12-24 people in your circle will die if infected
Black and brown people are much more likely to die from COVID-19 due to a number of factors, ranging from structural racism in the community and the health care system to predisposition to hypertension, obesity and diabetes. That is why it is even more important to protect your circle! Stay at home & save lives.
We all like to gather together with our families, but many people who are infected are asymptomatic. They have no signs or symptoms of being sick. So when that person goes to see grandma, who has diabetes, it becomes fatal to her.
It’s our job to protect our circle. We are all in this together. Stay at home so that everything we love and hold dear can be protected and safe when we come out of the other side of this pandemic. We can all make it out safely. We’ve been through tough times before and we’ll get through this.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! OUR COMMUNITY IS RICH WITH RESOURCES TO HELP YOU.
- Think you have COVID-19? View Symptoms
- Need food or shelter? Call 211 or visit Foodlink for emergency food
- Feel unsafe at home? Call Willow’s 24-hour hotline (585) 222-SAFE (7233) or text their 24-hour text line (585) 348-SAFE (7233)
- Lose your job? Apply for unemployment
- Need child care? Visit the Child Care Council
- New York State Coronavirus information
- City of Rochester Coronavirus information
- Monroe County Coronavirus information